Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thank you!

• Please log in to reply

Tom E. Gee

Tom E. Gee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) I hope this is the place to thank Geeks To Go for solving my problem.

And you didn't even have to do any additional work. I just followed the steps in the "You must read this befor posting a Hijack This log." This found and appears to have removed some annoying adware/spyware, Gamevance.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you very much.

Tom E. Gee

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Tom E. Gee,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post and let us know everything worked out for you. You're very welcome. :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh yes, you are right! Those instructions are very comprehensive, and yet easy enough for a person with only "simple" computer skills to follow, one step at a time.

I'm glad the instructions have helped you knock out your problems. :) Cheers, and also good work to all Staff who are responsible for the construction and edits of that particular thread. :)

Troy

Meisa

Meisa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I also got my PC problem solved (browser hijacking, malwares galore, site blocks) by going through the Malware tutorial. :) Thanks for the user-friendly advice and for such comprehensive resources. Have not yet had to post for help otherwise but will check in often to keep up on taking care of my PC. You guys are such an amazing and valuable group, thanks!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Thanks for the kind words Meisa, and we are glad you got sorted. Feel free to drop in any time, even if its just to say hello :)

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Thanks for the kind words Meisa