Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New HD - Can't access some files on old HD.. help!

• Please log in to reply

Rev Tim

Rev Tim

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am in the process of restoring functionality to my computer. I have installed a new HD and loaded WinXP PRO 64 onto it. I then took the old HD with two partitions (one was the C Drive.. now the F Drive and my Data drive is now the G Drive). There are two folders which are denying me access. These are files which I established limited access to. Is there a way I can access them without changing directions and trying to reinstall Windows on the old drive? The problem started when Windows crashed on the old HD and I was unable to go to safe mode or reinstall Windows. This are essential business files and I need to get this fixed.
Thanks for any advice.

Advertisements