Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD drive won't register?

• Please log in to reply

ayyalicia

ayyalicia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Windows XP
EMachines

Due to some bad decisions before, I had to give my computer up for about two weeks to one of my mother's friend's to reboot my computer and reinstall all of it. I just received it back last night, and it had a new graphics card and RAM card installed. Steve, the man who worked on my computer, told me that he personally installed my games to make sure everything worked so I was pleased. I get it back last night and I played one of the games to see how everything was, and I was very pleased with it. I had no problems once so ever.

This morning, I decided to reinstall my linksys so I could get on the internet from my own computer and then proceed to do what I wish to do, but I encountered a problem. I put the linksys installation CD into the drive and nothing popped up. I went to My Computer and no signs of any CD being registered popped up. I tried a couple more times, even restarted my computer, before going onto another CD and trying it. The same thing happened. I figured I would try the CD that I put in the night before which worked perfectly, and it automatically went to the Uninstall Wizard which was a surprise even to me.

I really would like some help as to what might be going on. I plan on contacting Steve again on Monday but I want to have some possible ideas in mind so Steve and I can work through this together.

Anything would be really appreciated!

P.S: Because of my computer being a couple of years old, one of the disk drives (the one under the default drive) had to be removed so please don't suggest that!

Edited by ayyalicia, 17 January 2009 - 09:59 AM.

Advertisements