Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 Randomly Running with Add-ons Disabled, Toolbars Missing,

• Please log in to reply

Geeky_ShadoKat

Geeky_ShadoKat

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. I'm running IE7 in Vista Home Premium 64bit. I like to have several toolbars open in IE7: Google, RoboForm (yes I did read about the sometime trouble with this toolbar), and Acrobat. The first time I open IE7, my toolbars are there. However, when a link in IE7 opens a whole new window (not just another tab), sometimes it opens with the yellow bar and the message "Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled." Sometimes it doesn't. I have to open the add-on manager through control panel, and it says that all of my add-ons are enabled. I have shortcuts on the quick-launch bar and the desktop, and I've verified that neither shortcut has the "-extoff" (or whatever the exact one is) extension in the target field. I've even checked and verified that the file association for web pages is not leading to the shortcut in the system tools under accessories with add-ons disabled. I want my toolbars to open with all Internet Explorer sessions. It's driving me nuts that the program keeps opening with add-ons disabled and no toolbars. Is there any way to just get rid of the add-on manager? I've searched and haven't been able to find a way to disable it. I don't understand why the add-on manager says all of my add-ons are enabled when the yellow bar is there saying add-ons are disabled. I also don't understand why some IE7 windows have the yellow bar, and some don't. Has anyone had this problem, and what did you do?

Thanks in advance,
Geeky_ShadoKat

Advertisements

TX2Step

TX2Step

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think the problem may be with the Google toolbar. I have noticed my system doing the same thing every time the toolbar updates. The only solution I have found is to restore to earlier time. It will hold for a few days and then the same problem.