Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video output not visible on TV

• Please log in to reply

stranger

stranger

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have connecteted my Nvidia 5200 to my television to watch videos. Since I reinstalled Windows XP a couple of days ago, the video is not displayed correctly on my TV - it's just a empty black screen. Everything else is displayed correctly, ie my desktop etc.

The thing is: I had this problem before and solved it by using media player classic instead of windows media player - it did the trick.

Now it doesn't anymore (after the reinstall). I tried the Overlay Mixer in mpc's settings - still no video on my TV screen and mpc and wmp both play the video very slowly.

It is not a codec issue, the video is dislayed perfectly on my PC screen.

I have downloaded an older version of mpc to no effect.

I seem to have to restart now in order to play the video flawlessly when I change the output.

I have updated video card drivers.

Using WinXPSP2

Advertisements

stranger

stranger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Solved my problem by using Winamp ver 5 and disabling hardware video overlay Preferences ->video.... Go figure.