Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio laptop screen flashes onto a black screen with active cursor

• Please log in to reply

bambi123

bambi123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, about a month ago I bought a new Sony vaio vgn-ns10l running vista, and ever since i've had a couple problems with it. The biggest and most annoying being that if I leave it on overnight for a download or something, in the morning il lift the lid (lid close is set to 'do nothing') and the screen flashes once then onto a black screen with a cursor I can still move about, then to try and get back to normal I press the power button (to make it go into sleep mode) then try waking it up by clicking a key, this results in a blue screen of a much lower resolution and the cursor is like half blue? This sometimes goes back to black. To get it back to normal I have to hold the power button to power off and then restart, and the downloads read error from about an hour or 2 after I left it? Yesturday i tried to restore the c: drive back to factory condition, which didnt work (which is annoying).My laptop is fine throughout the day for normal tasks (apart from frequent internet disconnetion which requires restart) but it seems that it could be be connected to the high cpu usage of downloading? Also it has some problems with waking from sleep mode (similar symptoms) so i disabled that automatic function but it seems the laptop is still going into a sort of sleep mode. The other day i had an error message asking to change the colour scheme to windows vista basic? And one time when i opened the lid in the morning it appeared ok but discoverd that on trying to open any application i got the message that said somthing along the lines of insufficient system recources? Any Suggestions would be great thanks!

Advertisements