Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

ip address

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having difficulty logging onto internet. I have roadrunner and my desktop is connected to the router. when I try getting on internet explorer the message comes up that i have a windows systems error and that there is an IP address conflict with another system on the network. Please Help

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Open Control Panel > click Network and Internet Connections > click Network Connections > right click your connection and choose properties >

select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) then Properties.

What do you have it set to Obtain Automatically or do you have assigned ip adresses.

Make sure on the other systems in your network that the IP address is not the same on any system.