Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fresh install of Win Xp Wont boot, help plz!

• Please log in to reply

mnymn3

mnymn3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello all, i just put together a fairly new system, new mobo, HD and Power supply. I reinstalled my valid copy of win XP pro. Did some installs. Restarted system, now it gets stuck on blue windows xp screen(where you would login, but i didnt set up a user login yet). I tried booting in safe mode, no luck either, gets stuck at same spot. I am currently in the recovery console, waitin for instructions :-). plz help asap!

update-tried doing win xp repair install, got a quick blue screen of death, then a restart at "installing devices" part...

Edited by mnymn3, 17 January 2009 - 03:25 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
In Safe mode, Windows will only load drivers it needs to run. Any other driver/programs you installed should not load.

If Windows itself doesn't load in Safe mode, then I would consider your XP install... bad.

Since this is a new install, I wouldn't waste time trying to fix it. I highly recommend you just reformat the drive and start over again. It is not uncommon for XP to install bad in one instance and fine in another. Reinstall and you'll feel much better if things go right this time.