Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Animations

• Please log in to reply

Juey

Juey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I can't view my animations any more. Mainly the ones that have been downlaoded from my PC, and like up to my webspace. Sometimes they work...sometimes not. These smilies are working fine. I'm also having probs with replaying cd tracks that I have copied from CDs onto my PC. They stay in .cda file formats. What's going on?
I can see this 1 now, but couldn't earlier this morn.

Posted Image

If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
Albert Einstein

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i find that silly little dancing girl thing strangely hypnotic....

makes it hard to think for some reason....

From within IE, TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED, scroll down to show animations...checked?

Do you use a firewall or some sort of webfilter?

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yep checked
I use Zone Alarm....sometimes...I find myself turning it off a bit. It hampers downloads and certain webpages in general.
Funny, went to my space to look at them again, clicked the view, no working, click on save file, bring it up at home....works fine...must be the firewall, eh

Posted Image

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
Oprah Winfrey

:tazz:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Yep checked
I use Zone Alarm....sometimes...I find myself turning it off a bit. It hampers downloads and certain webpages in general.
Funny, went to my space to look at them again, clicked the view, no working, click on save file, bring it up at home....works fine...must be the firewall, eh

Posted Image
:tazz:

View Post

Check to see if it doesn't work when ZoneAlarm is running in the tray. Then close ZA and refresh page and see if they work.

Zone Alarm has settings for whether you see animations, images with options. At least it does in the Pro. Open ZA, select Privacy tab, then click the Custom button in the Ad Blocking section. See what's selected in the Ads to Block section. Also, some browsers have a Preference setting for how many times you want animated images to run. Occassionally, these animations will stop on a Web page, especially if image is being pulled from a remote site and not the site you're viewing, but doing a good refresh of page usually gets them going again. Viewing on your PC with no problems is because you are viewing with a loaded program right on your PC and Privacy/Security overides don't usually bother you when viewing locally.

And...the dancing girl is definately a TEN! Watched it for 5 minutes before I snapped out of it. ;)

Ron

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
;) TY!!!
Sometimes I wonder bout that program. I like it, cause I was really having some...boogie men come in, from a program I "got a deal on"..... :tazz: O well, live & learn
TY for your help. ;)
Posted Image

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I like ZonAlarm because, if you have it set correctly, it keeps every port on your PC stealthed. I have a good site to go to that checks the security status of your PC. It has other checks, too, if you want to take the time to do them. A wealth of very good information to read as well.

Post back if resetting ZA solved the problem. Inquirung minds want to know. :tazz:

Ron

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hmmm...took me a LONG time to figure out how to "set" it up...now I believe the trial is about expired! LOL :tazz:
I'm prob gonna buy the pro...eventually. I like it too.
Hey this is off subject, but do you know anything about graphics cards? or do I need to post a new thread.?
darn it!...just had to shut it down to get her again!!!
So...how do I set it up? Enable port 80 maybe??
Posted Image

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

hmmm...took me a LONG time to figure out how to "set" it up...now I believe the trial is about expired!  LOL :tazz:
I'm prob gonna buy the pro...eventually. I like it too.
Hey this is off subject, but do you know anything about graphics cards? or do I need to post a new thread.?
darn it!...just had to shut it down to get her again!!!
So...how do I set it up? Enable port 80 maybe??

I always let my trial of ZA expire. Eventually it sends me a notice to update and I run the trial again for 19 days. The free version actually does just fine. The other versions are no better than a lot of the free software available.

If you are having a problem with your graphics card, please start a new thread. Some browsers have preferences where you can set it to run animations only once, not at all, or loop continuously. Also, security preferences can be set to allow images for only certain sites or to load images only for the originating site. I would go through and check these.

Ron

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ahh..ty