Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

outlvba.dll Error Message

• Please log in to reply

RetNavy91

RetNavy91

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Whenever I open Microsoft Outlook 2003 I get an error message that says:

"c:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\Microsoft\AddInns\outlvba.dll' is not a valid Office Add-in"

Once I click "OK", everything works fine. No other programs seem to be affected. I would like to remove this error message (and more importantly, understand why I get it). Any Suggestions?

Thank You,
John

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello RetNavy91,

Take a look at the following thread.

http://help.lockergn...pict696377.html

Hope this helps.

RetNavy91

RetNavy91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello RetNavy91,

Take a look at the following thread.

http://help.lockergn...pict696377.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks makinu1der2
I did a google search on my problem after posting the message and came up with a solution. In Outlook, I opened Help>detect and repair, and then clicked "restore shortcuts" and unclicked "discard my customized settings". Then I let Outlook do a repai on itself. After I rebooted the system, the error messag was gone and all was well again.
Thanks again for the response and the help,
John

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Glad you resolved the issue and Thanks for posting back with results.

tubui

tubui

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Sorry to bump but I am having this problem and the detect and repair did not fix it for me. Is there any other fixes?