Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OS Upgrade - No internet connectivity?

• Please log in to reply

Phenoxy

Phenoxy

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello everyone at GeeksToGo.

I've been using your services before I have only great experience with it
(thank you very much again), so I've decided to yet again ask for assistance in a problem i just can't seem to get rid of:

A while ago, I chose to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista on my Medion Laptop. All seemed to work fine, but when I first opened my browser it wouldn't access the internet.
I checked the connections, which stated that I had connected to the local wireless network, but that it was unable to access the internet.
The diagnosis it gave me suggested that something might be wrong with my network adapters. I've tried plugging in an ethernet cable but nothing happens.
When I do an ipconfig/all command in cmd, every new title says that the "Media State: Media disconnected".
Of course I've tried upgrading the drivers, but that didnt seem to solve anything. I hope that you are willing to help me fix this.

- Phenoxy

Advertisements