Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Blue screen error when reinstalling windows XP Pro

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to reinstall my OS because it is about that time. I boot off of my Window XP cd the same one that I used to previously install my OS about 2 years ago, It goes through the first screen where it loads everything and evaluates my system, It then says that windows is starting up. After waiting for about a min or two the screen goes black and then it gives me a blue screen error message.
The Error message is: 7B
Here is what I have tried so far:
• Putting the CD in my wives computer and it got to screen where it asked if you want to reformat your hard drive (No blue screen).
• Tried a different newer version of XP same blue screen message.
• I have 4 sticks of ram in the slots and I took all but one out and swapped each stick through ever slot and got the same blue screen message.
• Tried a different CD ROM drive same error.
• I even tried installing the OS on a completely different Hard drive with the one I was previously using completely detached.

I have a P4 chip and abit motherboard and a Gforce graphics card 3 gigs of Kingston RAM. Western digital 160Gig hard drive.

Currently my computer continues to boot off of the hard drive with no problems it just runs slow. Gaming is a pain the rear because it runs so choppy and connecting to other people is off and on at best.

Please help me and let me know if there is anything else that I can do.
I read through the stop error messages and as best as I can tell it could be a driver related problem. What drivers would I update and where would I find them?