Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD but only rarely

• Please log in to reply

G-bo

G-bo

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi folks ,first post here.Sure hope I'm posting in the right place.I have had the bsod error message a few times but much less since I re-formatted.In fact it happens so little i'm almost prepared to live with it but it really bugs me to know something is wrong.There doesn't seem to be any particular app I'm using or doing anything specific when it happens.the last error I got was 0x0000000a(0x00000054,0x0000001c,0x00000001,ox80502cco)I have been doing a lot of googling and after ruling out the memory and driver updates the list of possibilities was so big I decided to re-format.Everything worked so good for awhile that I thought the problem was solved.I run a few recording based apps and a high end sound card plus a midi controller.my thought was that maybe there was a confict with one of these devices so I did the reformat.I guess my question is would putting my recording apps on another hard drive with its own operating system be a good way to rule out any conficts I may be getting.Also is it possiable to have a dual boot system where both os's are xp pro.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download, and install WhoCrashed: http://www.resplende...rashedSetup.exe
Open it, click Analyze button.
WhoCrashed will create report.
Copy, and paste it into your next reply.

G-bo

G-bo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thanks very much for the quick reply.I downloaded who crashed and ran it.It has scanned 5 minidumps and they all point to my soundcard drivers.I'm sorry I do not know how to copy and paste the results here if you can tell me how to do that I will post them.I have just got the latest drivers for my soundcard yesterday but will check again to be certian,also when my new card was installed the onboard one was disabled in the bios which I assume is the right thing to do.Getting late in my part of the world so I will have to leave this till tomorrow.Thanks again for your help I feel like I may finally be getting somewhere with this.Cheers.

G-bo

G-bo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Here is the file that "Who crashed"made after scanning my system.
Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 18/01/2009 7:14:02 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: deltaii.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\deltaii.sys
product: M-Audio Delta PCI driver
company: Avid Technology, Inc.
description: M-Audio Delta PCI driver

On Sun 18/01/2009 6:56:22 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x1000000A (0x54, 0x1C, 0x1, 0x80502CC0)
Error: Unknown
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.

On Fri 16/01/2009 8:48:10 PM your computer crashed

On Thu 15/01/2009 7:58:05 PM your computer crashed

On Sun 11/01/2009 7:43:45 PM your computer crashed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Yeah, it looks like your sound card is giving you a problem.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of hits on Google about problems with this card.
Is it new card, under warranty?
Did you notice that error, maybe when getting out of hibernation/sleep mode? Did you try to move the card to a different PCI slot? Did you try different driver?
That's about all, their tech support propose: http://forums.m-audi...read.php?t=3064
You may try to post at the above forum.

G-bo

G-bo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
thanks Broni,I can't believe it was that easy.Just have to talk to the right people I guess.I have the reciept and will be taking this card back.Once again thanks so much,really really really appreciate all your help. cheers.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)