Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble booting pc

• Please log in to reply

simpson_121919

simpson_121919

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all, I am having problems with my pc booting. It all started when I was on pc and it shut off, I was not doing anything that would mess with the system, I think I was just messing with flash mx. Upon pc rebooting I got a PXE e53 no boot filename receieved PxE - MOF: exiting intel pxe rom. Boot Failure: system halted

I went online and did searches to find problem. I often read that I need to go into bios and disable my lan, which I did but then recieved a - Boot Failure: sytem halted As of now I dont know what to do, I am wondering if my motherboard might be on the fritz, the computer was bought in 2001, its a gateway.

Also another thing to note that might be part of the problem is that I recently installed xampp which is a control panel and installer for apache server software, php and mysql.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello simpson,

Boot the system into the BIOS. Look under the BOOT options. What is your boot order. (cd-rom,HDD,Rem.....etc)

Is the HDD being detected. This problem can be caused if the system is just looking to boot to network.

If you have the option try resetting BIOS to Defaults. Not sure of your BIOS layout but should be listed on the right or the bottom

of the page.