Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstall Windows 7 on dual-boot XP system

• Please log in to reply

ErichAlias

ErichAlias

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I installed Windows 7 Beta by creating a separate partition so that I could dual-boot with XP, but I have decided to uninstall Windows 7.

The only uninstall instructions I could find for a dual-boot system with XP are here. I'm confused about Step 7.

I am using EASEUS Partition Manager. When I try to format the partition I had created, it asks for a label and a cluster size. I'm not sure what I should label it, and I have no idea what cluster size means. It has options ranging from 512 bytes to 64 kb, with 4kb selected as default. What settings should I choose?

Also, what happens after I format it? Ideally, I'd like to merge the partition I created (F:\) back into my main, original C:\ drive. How would I do this?

Thanks so much for your help!

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Just use the Format tool in XP to format the Win 7 partion then use your partition manager to expand your C drive back to full size. You only need to do a quick format. No need for a full one. The quick one will get rid of all the files and when you expand the partition it will expand just fine.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 19 January 2009 - 06:41 PM.

ErichAlias

ErichAlias

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the response!

I formatted the F: drive I had partitioned before, so now all of that space is unused.

How would I go about expanding the C: drive? I tried to "Resize/Move", but it would not let me make it any larger. Would I have to delete the F: drive first? Is it safe to do so?

EDIT: Got it to work. Thanks again!!!

Edited by ErichAlias, 19 January 2009 - 07:06 PM.