Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft publisher

• Please log in to reply

handbaggirl

handbaggirl

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I had a computer disaster, lost heaps of stuff, did have publisher files backed up on disc but they were in publisher7 I own publisher 97 which i have reinstalled now i cant open anything ive saved as it was written on a newer version which i no longer hav access to . How can i open these files??

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Get the same version of Publisher you created the files with or a newer version.
No Publisher file is backwards compatible. That is, if you make a Publisher file in Publisher 2007 for example, Publisher 2003 and earlier versions will not be able to read it.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
If you absolutely had to view or change the contents of the Publisher 2007 files, you could download a trial version which would give you the opportunity to make any necessary changes. Remember this would be for a limited time only.

http://office.micros...2339061033.aspx

handbaggirl

handbaggirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks to youu both im downloading a trial to see if i can open my files in there :)