Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Punkbuster solutions

• Please log in to reply

Mere_Mortal

Mere_Mortal

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Double Post.

Edited by Mere_Mortal, 13 November 2005 - 06:58 AM.

Advertisements

temp account

temp account

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey what should i do if this happens after a few seconds of going on punkbuster servers

inadequit o/s previlages

i think its something to do with punkbuster not auto updating, ive tried to update but its not working very well, what should i do?

*EDIT

to be more precise heres a picture of what it says:
(click on the pic and go to full page mode if you want to read it)

Posted Image

ok i followed the thing in the first post and i got all these files, but nothing happened, then i ran the exe, that it gave me and still nothing happened, so i ran it again then i opened the zip and ran the.exe inside that and now it says: after a minute of playing:
(click on the pic and go to full page mode if you want to read it)

Posted Image

Edited by temp account, 19 November 2005 - 03:19 PM.

{B$E}FaTHeR

{B$E}FaTHeR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
was looking for another issue and came across this post to sort the inadequate O/S priveliges problem it can be either one of these listed below

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Malware advice removed. Only staff may post malware advice, and in the malware forum.

Edited by OwNt, 09 January 2007 - 01:40 AM.

cod2

cod2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey guys im new to forums, i just wondered if i get a dell dimension 1100 with a celeron d processor with 2.80ghz and 512mb ram can i play cod2 cos thats all i want???? plz help u amazing forum helpers or my life will be at a dead end without cod2????????

{B$E}FaTHeR

{B$E}FaTHeR

• Pip
  • 2 posts

hey guys im new to forums, i just wondered if i get a dell dimension 1100 with a celeron d processor with 2.80ghz and 512mb ram can i play cod2 cos thats all i want???? plz help u amazing forum helpers or my life will be at a dead end without cod2????????

depends on the graphics card, but why dell. fine for offices crap for games.

see if its onboard graphics if so what type.

cod2

cod2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
well its got integrated extreme graphics card 2 that good enough for cod2?

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
forget that pc alltogether if u want to play any games with out stalls or freezes and you want a dell get atleast an xps 410 with atleast 2gigs of ram and a decent video card . the 1100 sucks for any kind of gaming &onboard video doesnt cut it either. if you want to save some money go to the dell outlet and look you can save some major bucks u just have to purchase the pc and the monitor seperately but its still a lot cheaper than the package deals and same warranty too .also they dont have any flaws or cosmetic damage they look perfect . ive purchased 2 pcs from there over the past year an xps 400 for my son and an xps 600 for me and they both play games very well no lag or studders and settings are on high . we both play battlefield 2 and 2142 and call of duty & united off., and fear . im real happy with the game performance on both these pcs . especially if you price any decent gaming pc out there i know dell isnt the best but for the money you cant go wrong . sorry for the lengthy response but hope it helps ...jim

XPS 600
WDC WD2500JS-75NCB2 (232 GB)
Intel Pentium D 940, 3200 MHZ (16 x 200)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce4
3.19ghz, 2gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB)
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
DELL E193FP

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I am closing this thread. If you have issues please feel free to start a new post. I will be glad to assist anyone having call of duty 2 issues in the games forums.

Thanks,
Starjax

dabest

dabest

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hey, play warrock, its similar to cod but way better and its online. it's free too and it's also supported by punkbuster.
you can download it on the site(search warrock on google), but trust me, its new and better than cod.

666deathdealer666

666deathdealer666

• Pip
  • 2 posts
im trying to run punkbuster on my windows vista for enimy territory quake wars but when i install it and go to run the game, it says the same thing punkbuster is needed to play can some one help???

Advertisements

PB stinks

PB stinks

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi guys,i'm new here at geeks to go.com and I am having a problem with PB,it kicks me everytime i go into a server with PB enabled,it kicks me for no packet flow on cod,any help would be necessary. :)

Edited by PB stinks, 07 March 2008 - 07:30 AM.

PB stinks

PB stinks

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I also need help with bf2 PB also kicks me for Inadequete O/S Priveleges any help please,thanks,man i hate PB! :)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
no help for punkbuster provided in this thread. If you are having issues please post a new topic in this forum. I will be glad to assist you.

here are some helpful suggestions provided by punkbuster:
http://punkbuster.co...age=faq-bf2.php

How can I run my game with PunkBuster support under Windows Vista?

To run PunkBuster under Windows Vista, you may need to run the game as an administrator. To do this, right click the icon you use to launch the game. Select "Properties", then the "Compatibility" tab. From that tab, check the box labeled "Run this program as an Administrator" and click ok.

Manually updating punkbuster
http://punkbuster.co...age=pbsetup.php

PB stinks

PB stinks

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Well I updated pb and it worked thnks :) .

ForgedMonk

ForgedMonk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK look somehow my PunkbusterA is missing and I cant install another with pbsvc.exe so wth am I supposed ta do. I cant play any of my shooters cause when I sign in I get booted cause of failure to comunicate with punkpusterA what do I do? All that happens when I try to reinstall with pbsvc.exe is it will get to search for a but just closes.