Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Data loss crisis!

• Please log in to reply

PARIAH

PARIAH

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I recently downloaded the .iso for Windows 7 Beta, and it has disappeared. I can see the file in in Windirstat, but recuva and my other undeleters do not find it. Does anyone have any ideas other than re-dowloading or manual MFT editing? O/S is Vista HB

Edited by PARIAH, 19 January 2009 - 05:02 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your title..

.Data loss crisis!

is misleading
Windows 7 Beta ...is beta that means it is new and probably going to have hiccups and should only be used by people that are above average with computers...IMHO...if you don't even know how to search for a file on your computer you would be well advised not to install Windows 7 Beta...

PARIAH

PARIAH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
'if you don't even know how to search for a file on your computer you would be well advised not to install Windows 7 Beta.'

I have gone through all of my usual tools, and for some reason they have failed me. lose the condescending tone. If you do not have any idead on how best to proceed at this point, I'll thank you to keep your opinions to yourself