Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse not moving

• Please log in to reply

simonr1978

simonr1978

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi was wondering if anyone can help, I have an annoying problem.

The other day, my mouse stopped moving. The lights were still on it, but the cursor wouldn't move. I have a laptop (a HP G6065EA), and the touchpad still works. I bought a new mouse as I presumed it was just broken, and I had the same problem. These two were wired and connected with a USB. So I went out yesterday and bought a Logitech laser mouse, and still the same problem. During installation, I got this message:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
USB Browser Mouse.
An error occurred during the installation of the device :
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later.

I've tried different ports, cleaned the ports, but nothing. I know they still work as other USB devices work fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon.

Advertisements