Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Garmin Training Centre - 661 Error

• Please log in to reply

IanCairns

IanCairns

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

First post, so please go easy

I'm running a Windows XP (SP3)/Vista dual boot Toshiba A6 Laptop

No CD came with my Garmin 705HC Cycle specific GPS. At first Windows XP appeared to recognise the unit as 2 USB devices (Drives).

Installed GarminANTAgentwithTrainingCenter_217.exe thinking my 705 has ANT speed & cadence sensors... the following error message appears after the splash screen:

Garmin Training Centre
There is a problem with the Family 661 installation.
Please re-install Family 661 and start the Garmin Training Centre® again.

Pressed the OK button... nothing

Uninstalled & re-installed TrainingCenterForWindows_343.exe same thing

Tried uninstalling, re-installing Training Centre and the USB drivers

Installing Garmin Training Centre has never finished & would not recognise that the GPS was present although Windows finished installing OK

Windows XP now only recognises 1 USB drive

Windows Vista has installed & runs OK... BUT that's the only application in my Vista boot... can't be bothered with all those silly messages bothering me!

Garmin support is next to useless... "They'll have to get back to me after they send the error off to their developers"... this normally takes a LONG time (that was at least a week ago). Do some defrags & try again... bla bla bla

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Ian Cairns
:)

Attached Thumbnails

• Garmin_Training_Centre_661_Error_Mesage.JPG

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
it sounds like you need the right drive to get it working. I looked through their site and didn't see anything that fit the bill for what I wanted.

I would contact garmin support: http://www.garmin.co...site/us/support