Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is my P.C. to slow to run vista?

• Please log in to reply

liddley

liddley

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all,
Was thinking of upgrading from windows xp pro to windows vista but not sure if my pc can cope with running uptodate software what you all think any thoughts?

AMD ATHLON 64 PROCESSOR
3000+
2000Ghz
2Gb RAM
RUNNING WINDOWS XP PRO
80 Gb HARD DISK
ACER K8V-MX MOTHERBOARD
GEFORCE FX5200-8X GRAPHIX CARD
Wondered if this machine would run Vista at a decent reliable speed or if i should maybe think about upgrading befor i go any further???? :)

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Vista Upgrade Advisor

However, just because it says it can run Vista, doesn't mean it will run it full blown. You also should check with the manufacture of your devices for Vista drivers.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Just out of curiosity, why do you want Vista? Do you simply want it because it's the latest and greatest? If I were you, I'd just stick with XP, as upgrading from Vista to XP is rather pointless. The only thing that I can see giving you any potential issues is the GPU, but disabling Areo should solve that problem.
James