Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Office 2007 is not working, please help!

• Please log in to reply

plasmus

plasmus

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Dear helper,

I'd like to appreciate your help in advance and do know that I value your time.

I have office 2007 on windows vista home premium. When I try to open word documents it opens the word window but stays "empty" or "blue" meaning it does not open the word document itself. Opening a new word document, typing in stuff, saving it will only lead to closing the document and restarting it. The file it saves is also useless.
I am in desperate need for my school will start in a week and need word daily. Thank you for your support,

Plasmus

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you tried re-installing it? I believe it gives you an option to Repair when you start another install. There may be an option in the actual program, but you said you never get it to open that far.

plasmus

plasmus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I tried repair and it did not work. I later tried uninstalling everything (all of microsoft office 2007) and it still did not work. Same exact problem :)

Spooler

Spooler

• Pip
  • 2 posts
PLASMUS: I am just a new member. I have Microsoft Office 2007. Also as a note: Office (WORD 2007) spell check is in FRENCH AND GERMAN ONLY. > Try this if you can. > click Start > click All Programs> click Microsoft Office > (A drop down comes up) >CLICK ON MICROSOFT OFFICE TOOLS> ANOTHER DROP DOWN COMES UP > CLICK ON 'MICROSOFT OFFICE DIAGNOSTICS" see if it will codrrect your problem. It has worked for me. Good Luck

ne0h

ne0h

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey just tell me the problem that you are facing is with only microsoft word or any other applications within the pakage. I mean what about the other pakages like powerpoint,access,excel etc???
plz reply

temp solution is try searching for a file called normal.dot and delete it and open the word again..tell me if the problem still persists.......