Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista and compatibility files?

• Please log in to reply

symigem

symigem

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I swear my computer finds something new to frustrate me with every week. Lol. Anyway, I use Bitcomet a lot to share torrent files, and I have the download folder as a shortcut on my desktop. So whenever I want to open one of the files I have downloaded, I click on the 'download' folder shortcut on my desktop, and then click on the 'view compatibility files' option at the top of the folder and all my downloaded files appear.
Ok so I've been doing this for years, I even did it this morning. So wierdly, I just open the "download" folder and the "view compatibility files" button had completely disappeared!! I can't see my files! It says the folder is empty. I rebooted and it hasn't made a difference. I havent done anything strange with the computer, I haven't fiddled around with the settings or anything, and I have no idea how to get that button back or how to access my files now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
although you are an "experienced" bit torrent users, there are some ground rules to cover first.
1) Per our Terms of Use: We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.
2) We do assist with removal of p2p clients and any potential infections that may have occurred as a result.
3) Follow the instructions listed next to have your system checked out for malware infections.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.