Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Calendar problems

• Please log in to reply

pfehringer

pfehringer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Our nature center is running Office XP on all our computers (4 computers) which all run Windows XP pro. We run Outlook for our main scheduling calendar. We usually export an excell file from the main calendar to update the calendars on the other computers in Outlook. A few weeks ago the main calendar started screwing up. Here is what it is doing...

When trying to export the calendar to any type of file it will start the export and just before it finished it gives an error message that it can't export the file.

When you first open the calendar the page is missing appointments. If you click on another date and come back to today the missing appointments reappear.

What I have done to try to fix it without success...

I have used the installation disk to repair Outlook
I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it.
I uninstalled the entire Office program and reinstalled it.

Luckily I have not lost any of our data since we would be up a creek without our calendar. We are not certain exactly when the problem started, but it may have been when my computer illiterate boss tried to hotsync his palm pilot on the main calendar instead of on his own like I've shown him a million times how to do.

Thanks in advance for any help to solve our problem and prevent our secretary from writing down all our programs by hand.
:)

Advertisements