Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I want to capture screen image

• Please log in to reply

Pennie77

Pennie77

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I want to capture screen image and then be able to edit it. What software(s) do I
need and tell me generally what I need to do?

Thanks, Pennie77

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
FSCaptureSetup53 (Download URL) (latest free one) is the best I've ever used. With it running in the SysTray, a simple Ctrl + Prt Scr will bring up the target arrows for you to select anything to capture. If you need to capture a window that scrolls, then a simple Ctrl + Alt + Prt Scr brings up the option to capture a scrolling window area. It comes with its own Graphics Editor.

Battle Unit

Battle Unit

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Some more advices:

If you don't want to install any third-party software, you can simply press PrintScreen button, then open any graphic editor, like MSPaint, or Photoshop, and press Ctrl+V. Then edit your image.

If ou want to capture a screenshot of a web-page, and if you use Firefox, there is a great add-on for it - FireShot.

Hope it helps :)

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I like using MWSnap. It's a simple and small little program but it does the job.

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Some more advices:

If you don't want to install any third-party software, you can simply press PrintScreen button, then open any graphic editor, like MSPaint, or Photoshop, and press Ctrl+V. Then edit your image.

If ou want to capture a screenshot of a web-page, and if you use Firefox, there is a great add-on for it - FireShot.

Hope it helps :)

May I please add that you can also click ALT + Printscreen. This will allow you to take a screenshot of only the application running. Like if you wanted to have a screenshot of the Task Manager for example.