Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Please log in to reply

Eavin

Eavin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I need some help. I have a problem with my computer (it keeps crashing when I do random things) I was following the instructions on the Malware Cleaning Guide when I ran into a problem with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. The install would complete( taking forever in "finishing installation" phase) and now when I launch the application, it wont do anything. there's a process created called "mbam.exe" but the program does not start. I would like to get rid of whatever is on my computer and any help would be great. thanks.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Try re-install it

If you cant get it working just go onto the other steps

Eavin

Eavin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I cannot get it to uninstall. the progress bar wont even start. is there possibly another tool I can use to scan my computer instead of this one?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to go on with the other steps in the malware forum sticky

munsin

munsin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had a similar problem with Malwarebytes Antimalware. All was working fine with it. Then when I was running Adaware Free Edition, all of a sudden the Malwarwebytes desktop icon turned white. I became suspicious, so I tried running Malwarebytes, but nothing started. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but I got error messages. I did some reading that some anti malware software can interfer with Malwarebytes. I uninstalled Adaware Free and did a CCleaner Registry clean. Then I reinstalled Malwarebytes. It worked for me!

Hope this helps others.

Munsin

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

and did a CCleaner Registry clean.

I would recommend not to use any registry cleaner. They do more harm that good.

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable. We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there. Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation