Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wow causes Computer to Restart

• Please log in to reply

jumiofdiamonds

jumiofdiamonds

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, this has never happened before. I had always used private servers with wow, but recently they have become too buggy and lack things that retail has. So, wanting to enjoy these things I joined. Now, in retail, during a period of time from 10 minutes to an hour my computer would restart.

Naturally I looked to the internet for some help and found two cases like mine from these forums, except I cannot seem to make heads or tails of the information, especially since it's meant for that persons computer. I have done the whole untick the restart during error and the last time it happened it sent me to a blue screen with the following:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Tech info:
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xe71D4D54, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804D90AA)

My system is a Windows XP but I'm not sure how to provide any other bits of information.

The one thing I have been suspecting, because I had this problem then as well, is I had created my own server. It would always restart during online use with my friends. As I type this I'm uninstalling these components to the Private Server.

But in case that this isn't the problem, how can I solve it so I can enjoy the game?

Thank you for all and any help!

Advertisements

dragonis111

dragonis111

• Pip
  • 4 posts
looks like you have my same problem, most likly your graphics card, read my thread in this section for full info called running wow

jumiofdiamonds

jumiofdiamonds

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, I kind of don't think that's the problem but I'll give it a look.

It's giving me system errors that when I start up, before I even get to the windows desktop, that there is a corrupted installation on what I'm guessing something important.

But, if it was my graphics card it wouldn't allow me scott free from private servers. That's what confusing me. It's just retail. I play them but then something goes wrong and I receive a massive error.

I'll look at your page though, can't hurt to try.

Belinrahs

Belinrahs

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
This error (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer.

You might want to try and update your video card drivers, and see if that helps.

xBPM07x

xBPM07x

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Could you please post your computer specifications? Your graphics card or processor could be overheating, thus causing your computer to restart to prevent damage. You should stop playing the game until this issue is resolved. Try going to this site and see if your computer passes the test for WoW:

http://www.systemreq...referrer/srtest

Mholmes54

Mholmes54

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I actually had this problem also. For me it was as simple as running the repair tool located in your wow folder, i recommend to try that if you haven't already. :)

aarrrhh

aarrrhh

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I also had this problem at one point and it turned out to be my USB Adapter I was using with my router. It did not like busy areas!