Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lines on monitor

• Please log in to reply

Sheldon M

Sheldon M

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when I boot in normal mode I get colored lines on the screen. In safe mode it starts up ok. I have discovered that if I take the BIOS battery out and hold the power button in for a few seconds, then reboot the computer, It will stop loading BIOS and ask to press F1 for setup or F2 for defaults. When I press F2 and only when I press F2 the computer will bootup in normal mode and works fine until I shut it down and I have to pull the BIOS battery all over again and press F2 to get it to boot right. I have tried to reset the defaults in BIOS but didn't help. I have changed the memory, hard drive (I'm getting despert) installed a new video card, ( the computer has an onboard video) and I even changed the BIOS battery.

I have an AMD64 Athlon X2 with Vista home basic 32 bit OS
Motherboard is ASUS M2V-MX with 1gig of ram.

Any Ideas?

Advertisements