Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to install Any kind of major software Help please!

• Please log in to reply

Joshandrok

Joshandrok

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I have recently upgraded my OS to windows 7 ultimate. It is genuine.
My problem is:
I can't install Adobe After Effects or Sony Vegas. I know that my computer can run them both, because I had them both running fine before I installed windows 7. Now I can't even install them. It will not even bring up the setup on Adobe after effects. It just says Adobe has stopped working. When I pull up sony vegas It will let me pick my language and then it says the same thing. I have tried everything. I ran them normal, then admin, then I ran them in compatibility mode, then compatibility mode with admin. I can't figure out what is wrong. Please someone help me!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows 7 is beta software and it's entirely possible that these products may work on Windows 7 but not until the final release.

Joshandrok

Joshandrok

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, thanks. I thought I would give windows 7 a shot and see if it was any good. I like it but I really need to use these programs lol. Why do some programs work but these don't? and also compatibility mode just doesn't work at all for any program on windows 7... I don't know why. I guess because it's beta.