Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Download

• Please log in to reply

joejobs

joejobs

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I recently had someone look at my laptop and try to fix messenger that is not logging in. He downloaded an update, but now messenger is still not running and everytime I try to open a new tab in IE a pop-up of a windows error shows up in which it says it will send the error to Microsoft and after it sends the error IE closes.

Advertisements

abneb217

abneb217

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi Joejobs,

providing a screen shot of the error or the wording might help in assisting you solve this.

joejobs

joejobs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
This is some of the wording of the windows message:
Iternet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience………Please tell Microsoft about his problem……Send Error Report….Don’t Send

The error message shows up continuosly, like when trying to click on the link to this message in my e-mail.

abneb217

abneb217

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I was hoping for a specific error code or title.

In any case, close all browser windows and try opening IE in Safe Mode by doing the following:
Go to Start -- Run
type iexplore -extoff
hit Enter
This should open IE with add-ons disabled. If you're able to use the browser in this state without the error messages than an add-on is likely causing the problem. If the errors continue in safe mode, I would run an Anti-Virus/Anti-malware scan to be safe.

Also, do you have the Firefox browser installed on your machine? If so, are you experiencing any problems when using it? If it's not installed, you should consider downloading it - it's an excellent alternative to IE.
Firefox Downlaod

AB

joejobs

joejobs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
The error message stops appearing running IE without add-ons.

joejobs

joejobs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Is there any way to fix the error without disabling the add-ons?
Do you have any suggestions on how to fix messenger?

Thanks