Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont turn on..please help

• Please log in to reply

sikkasill

sikkasill

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I built a brand new computer and things were working fine at first. I was getting BSOD's occasionally though. One day i went to go on the internet and the computer just shut off. I tried turning it back on and it would boot for a second, then turn off. It shows the power light and makes a click noise but doesnt turn on and boot. I thought something happened to the power supply so i returned it and received a NEW one. I put it in yesterday but it STILL does not turn on... no fans start up or anything, just the power button flashes for a quick second. The motherboard has two lights on it when i have the cpu, motherboard and 1 stick of ram plugged in, which the colors are blue led and yellow led. I dont know what to do or how to find out whats wrong with what... Its not the power supply, but maybe the MB itself?

Things i have tried:
1) Replaced the psu and got a brand new one, and still nothing. So its not the power supply
2) Unplugged everything and then plugged in the cpu, motherboard and 1 stick of ram
3) Checked the MB manual for that yellow LED but i cant find out what it means
4) Changed sockets and changed the power cord itself
5) Tried no ram at all to see if an error beep would come up, but it doesnt even boot long enough to do that. It barely turns on..

My Specs Are:
Motherboard - Nvidia 780i
Power Supply - Antec 650W
Ram - two 2gb Gskill DDR2
CPU - Q6600
Gfx - 9800gtx

Edited by sikkasill, 21 January 2009 - 12:44 PM.

Advertisements

sikkasill

sikkasill

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Unless ive recieved ANOTHER dead psu? is that possible.. when i flip the switch no fans move on anything, but when i press power button it moves for a quick second

Edited by sikkasill, 21 January 2009 - 01:11 PM.