Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA no signal

• Please log in to reply

el_hombre_g

el_hombre_g

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently restored my computer and everything was working well and i used it for some time. Then i unplugged all the cable to connect my other computer. Now that i tried to reconnect the computer i restored i get not display the computer turns on but i get nothing on my monitor its stays black i dont even get the boot menu or anything like that. The computer beeps twice or three times though right when i turn it on and after a few seconds it beeps once more. What can i do to fix this problem?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
first question: how many places are there on the back of the computer to plug a monitor in?

second question (probably going to nullify the first): are they 3 short beeps or three long beeps?

el_hombre_g

el_hombre_g

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
they are three quick beeps and there is only one vga output which is from the video card and i have already tried reseatting it and cleaning it and all but still no luck.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
3 beeps usually means a video card error...the card may be broken or damaged in some way...do you have any other video cards that you could swap to test with?

el_hombre_g

el_hombre_g

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no i have two other pcs but they the vga output is integrated into the motherboards. so i dont have any other video card i can use.