Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Detect new hardware(printer)

• Please log in to reply

HW4977

HW4977

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I startup my PC I keep getting "Found new printer" and "Detected new hardware" messages. The new hardware installation wizard applet opens asking for a cd etc. I also get a message that says "A problem occured during hardware installation. Your new hardware may not work properly." My printer is not connected to my pc.

I uninstalled my printer (Dell Photo 924) thinking it would that care of issue,but I keep getting these messages. I ran Revo unistaller to get all the bundled stuff off (Jasc Paint shop & Photo album). Still having this problem.
I was told by a friend to get DriverCure,but I've never heard of this software. Anybody familiar with it?
This all started after XP sp3 tried to install but failed. I used Add/Remove to get rid of that since I already have all the other updates.
Any help would be appreciated. Ive been at this for about 2 weeks!!

Edited by HW4977, 21 January 2009 - 11:22 PM.

Advertisements