Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Net user /add stole my admin rights and gave it to helpassistant

• Please log in to reply

Jack944

Jack944

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was adding a user in command prompt like I had done before and Im pretty sure I typed the command right I typed " net user \add name and it seemed normal and to check if it was there I typed net user and thats when I discovered my name was now not under admin and helpassistant had been moved

User accounts for \\TREX
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Administrator Dummy Guest
HelpAssistant jacob SUPPORT_388945a0
The command completed successfully.

This is what its saying my name used to be there and I checked out helpassistant and its just some built in thing.
It wouldnt be so bad except now I cant log in as admin. My name is still there on the log in screen but the password is not working. Ironically i named the new account dummy ... anyways I've been asking on other forums but no one seems to be able to help me fix this and I dont have the xp disc i never got one with it. so I was hoping that some on might know something to help me out here.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you log in as dummy?

Jack944

Jack944

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah I can log in as Dummy just its a limited account and I cant run my antivirus or defrag or system restore. I cant use command promt to try to undo what I did either.