Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Having trouble changing the drive letter to install Adobe Flash

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi,

I have posted on here about this once before but it somehow was closed without anyone ever responding. I'm not sure how that happens. LOL

Anyway,

I have read how to change the drive letter here However, the part where you assign a new drive letter under disk management is all grayed out. I'm not sure what to do. Could someone get back to me and let me know?

Thanks,

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Are you talking about this solution: http://kb.adobe.com/...rnalId=kb406903 ?
What is the drive, you're trying to change the letter?

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Yes,

That is the problem but the solution they give...which is also in the post that I gave a link to...seems to get me in the right direction however when I am in disk management I right click on drive "F" which is my hard drive, then click on "change drive letter and paths" I click on the "add" button and "assign the following drive letter" circle and lettering is grayed out. It won't let me click on it.

Or, if I click on the "change" button under "change drive letter and paths" it brings up a window and says "windows cannot modify the drive letter of your system volume or boot volume".

I'm in the correct place aren't I? But it won't let me add or change. Thats what I'm having trouble with.

Thanks and let me know,

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

when I am in disk management I right click on drive "F" which is my hard drive

Don't even attempt.
You didn't read the link carefully enough.

The temporary "C" drive can be a removable drive, such as a USB Flash drive or other storage device, or you can rename an existing drive to use "C" as its label.

You can't rename your main hard drive.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Whoops! :)

I put my jump drive in and of course it came up as drive C just by luck LOL. I got it...thanks for your time.

I'll try to read a bit more carefully next time. :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
If not....50 lashes :)