Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Puzzling screen resolution problem

• Please log in to reply

WindsorKnot

WindsorKnot

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
The other day I was monkeying with the # of pixels/resolution setting on my Tecra 8000 laptop (Windows 2000 SP2). Now I'm stuck with lower resolution - no matter which setting I select on the Settings tab of the Display control panel. Changing that setting only changes the size of the desktop; image resolution is stubbornly less sharp than it was. Pictures are fuzzier; icons are coarser... what the heck?

It was like this on Sunday and then I putzed around with some stuff and it was fixed; but now it's back.

Also on Sunday, I downloaded & installed openoffice 3; and I opted also to install Java/JRE - could that have anything to do with it? I have since removed the Java stuff; thinking it might've been the culprit.

It wasn't.

I've also reinstalled the video driver, but nope; the problem remains.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Advertisements