Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring to factory settings?

• Please log in to reply

~Jackay~

~Jackay~

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, I have an Acer Aspire 5520-5912, which is a laptop with Windows Vista. I wish to restore it to factory settings to attempt to cure some of its problems and get rid of just about everything and start over. I have lost the guide book and I am not sure if I have the installation disks, is there any possible way I could restore it to factory settings? Thanks muches to anyone who can help me.

EDIT: If you say 'please check the Acer website', I tried, but my laptop model is not listed there.

Edited by ~Jackay~, 22 January 2009 - 07:48 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
With this model you should be able to press the alt key and the F10 key at the same time to get to a recovery and restore feature.
From this utility you may select to restore from an image.
This is from the Acer web site for Acer Aspire 5520-5912