Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty World at War

• Please log in to reply

JudgeDredd57

JudgeDredd57

• Pip
  • 3 posts
CPU
Minimum: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: 1.4 GHz (Pentium) or 1700+ (Athlon)
You Have: 2.79 GHz Performance Rated at 5.03 GHz PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 256 MB
You Have: 1022 MB PASS
Operating System
Minimum: English version of Windows 2000/XP
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600) PASS
Video Card
Minimum: 3D Hardware accelerated card required - 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64 MB (NVIDIA GeForce3+ /ATI Radeon 8500+)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE (GeForce 6200 LE) PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 512 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 3.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 3.0

The info above is seeing if my system will run call of duty. When I run the same program for Call of Duty 4 Morderm warfare it says my video card is the same as the game requires, (But is says it does not pass) (Offers me a Nvidia card with 128 MB memory)
When I run my system for Call of Duty World at War,it says the CPU and video card both fail. ( the video card meets the posted requirements ).It also says my CPU is running at 2.9 Ghz...Just a sales gimic trying to sell new video cards and computers (It tells me I sould buy a Pentium 2 Dual Core 2.0 Ghz System) Now thats Funny !!!

Ran the Program to see if my PC would run the game, (2 Funny) Its a Pentium D Dual Core CPU ,( "GHz Performance Rated at 5.03 GHz") CPU Far Exceeds the Game Requirements, as well as my Ram and the Brand New Video Card. (Try and find a 3.0 GHZ Pentium D Dual Core CPU)
I think the game was released early with many flaws. I will be returning mine back to Activision for a full refund. I went out and purchased a brand new dell system and upgraded my dell video card to the NVidia card thinking somehow my system was not good enough. My Old dell rocked. It was not my old system, but their stupid new game.
I have waited a month and several hundred dollars only to be disapointed. I give up.

Advertisements

JudgeDredd57

JudgeDredd57

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
CPU
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/ Athlon 64 2800+ (Intel & Athlon 1.8 GHz Dual Core or better supported
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/ Athlon 64 2800+ (Intel & Athlon 1.8 GHz Dual Core or better supported)
You Have: 2.79 GHz
PASS

System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB (768 MB for Windows Vista)
You Have: 1022 MB
PASS

Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP/Vista only
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 128MB 3d Hardware Accelerated card required-100% DirectX 9.0c compatible and latest drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 6600+ / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro+)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE (GeForce 6200 LE)
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 512 MB

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

This was for Call of Duty 4 Morderm Warfare ( Which my system plays Perfectly (Hello) )

JudgeDredd57

JudgeDredd57

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This was the scan to see if my PC would Play Call of Duty World at War

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD 64 3200+
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: 3.0GHz or better
You Have: 2.79 GHz
FAIL: Sorry, your CPU Speed does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to discover how you can.

System RAM
Minimum: 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (Vista)
You Have: 1022 MB
PASS

Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP / Windows Vista
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE (GeForce 6200 LE)
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 512 MB

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.9424 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Microsoft Digital Sound System PASS

Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 1.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 8 GB
You Have: 46.2 GB
PASS

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Don't use those stupid "can your unit.com" sites, because a lot of times, they'll tell you that you need the latest upgrades to run just about anything. Did you actually try to play the game?

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
The game requires a 6600GT. You have a 6200LE, which is worse than said 6600GT. Therefore, you do not meet the requirements.

Call of Duty: World at War uses an upgraded version of the Call of Duty 4 engine. Thus, the game has more demanding requirements than Call of Duty 4. While you were able to get away with not meeting the requirements for Call of Duty 4, I guess that won't be the case with Call of Duty: World at War. You can't really blame them; your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements. You were lucky that Call of Duty 4 worked in the first place.

Also, for future reference, a 2ghz Pentium Dual-Core is a more powerful processor than yours. So the recommendation given to you by "it" (a program of some sort?) was correct.

Bryan_Jovi

Bryan_Jovi

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
MY LAPTOP SPECS:
Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo T5750
ATI HD 3450
RAM 3 GB
MEMORY 200 GB

after the game starts i press Ctrl+Alt+Del
then select Task Manager, click Process tab
right-click on CoDWAW.exe