Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP want boot

• Please log in to reply

mazza120

mazza120

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HomeForumsDownloads HelpTerms of UseContactLive Chat

Search this forum only?
More Search Options [X]My Assistant

Loading. Please Wait...
Site Message (Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Logged in as: mazza120 ( Log Out )
My Topics · My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · My Friends · 0 New Messages

> Geeks to Go! » Operating Systems » Windows XP™, 2000, 2003, NT4 Pages 1 2 3 > » Jump to Page

Windows Won't Boot, Stuck in "We apologize" loop Options Track this topic
Email this topic
Print this topic
Download this topic
Subscribe to this forum
Switch to: Outline
Standard
Switch to: Linear+

merfie

View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics

I am running
Microsoft Windows XP Home preinstalled. . I am getting the dreaded
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30"

message that just loops - none of the options work - if I try Safe Mode it just quickly shows a screen that apparently has a lot of Windows system 32 lines on it - can't tell for sure 'cause it goes by too quick to see and F8 doesn't stop it. No blue screen - just black with all those "system 32" lines on it. Same thing happens if I try the Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

help i need to keep my data ,lots of pics

--------------------

:)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Safe mode will scroll by and then seem to stop for a while. It should then come up with funky colors/ video and the words "safe mode" in all 4 corners.

F8 is safe mode when you reboot.
Have you tried last known configuration?

Warning: Do not do a reformat because you will lose everything. We have ways to get your data off, if we can't get the computer to boot. I am sure we will be successful.

mazza120

mazza120

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thankyou 123Runner for your quick rsponse.
Yer i tried safemode but just keeps restarting , ihave tried several times but no go tried last configeration also no go .