Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

• Please log in to reply

csit17

csit17

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi Guys

Im using rollover images in Dreamweaver cs3 and when I preview my page it blocks the activex unless i tell it to unblock. Will this happen when I eventually post my page on the web? If so is there anyway to unblock it

Many thanks in advance
Mark

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Your browser setting or security software that is running is doing this. I have the same problem viewing some of my pages locally in Internet Explorer because it senses that I'm viewing in a different zone. Whether it happens online depends on your security settings for the Internet.

csit17

csit17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
thanks for the reply ron. Ive heard that rollovers can be made in a css format which will eliminate the issue. Is this correct and if so could you give me some pointers as I'm not confident with CSS scripts

Many Thanks
Mark

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
First, CSS is not a script. :) Secondly, mouseovers can be done with just HTML and CSS. Can post an example, but what you want as a mouseover will require more detail.

Have you gone into Internet Options and clicked every Reset button on every tab yet?

csit17

csit17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Have you gone into Internet Options and clicked every Reset button on every tab yet?

Yeah ive tried that. My main rollovers are disjointed images (rollover 1 and it changes another) so if you can help in any way it would be much appriciated. I'm at work at the moment but when I'm home I can post the code that Dreamweaver produced for me if it helps

Edited by csit17, 26 January 2009 - 05:03 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Do you have an online site link that I can look at the mouseover code you are using now?

csit17

csit17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
unfortunatly not because i've not uploaded the site to a server yet. Ill post the code when I get home. Sorry to be pain in [bleep] Ron but your help is very much appricated

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
No problem. Will wait for link.