Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Some Icons Changed to Slovak Language!

• Please log in to reply

lordgaz

lordgaz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi All

First post -

I just went to my control panel and found some of the icons have changed in language to Slovak! -
This is also the case for side bar in network places and warning boxes

Posted Image

etc

All my language settings are still UK English -

What on earth is going on?

System restore points have gone also (except for one from today which did not cure this_)

Virus scan is clear with Kaspersky...

Advertisements

cindyk

cindyk

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I'd like to k now your OS/Ram/Processor/HD space and free space.

However if I were faced with this and Kaspersky found nothing I might just try to repair the Operating system, reinstalling over what you've got now.

This is wacky. I know however if you post the information I requested above others will have more information in order to try and help you out.

EDIT: You might to run a full disk check first.

Edited by cindyk, 23 January 2009 - 09:17 AM.

lordgaz

lordgaz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'd like to k now your OS/Ram/Processor/HD space and free space.

However if I were faced with this and Kaspersky found nothing I might just try to repair the Operating system, reinstalling over what you've got now.

This is wacky. I know however if you post the information I requested above others will have more information in order to try and help you out.

EDIT: You might to run a full disk check first.

Windows XP SP2 -
Other info below -

71.4GB Disk with 6.65GB remaining
(yesterday I had 3GB remaining, so it seems the increase is from the loss of system restore files)

If I do a repair install, will I need to reactivate? This is a work computer, and I would not want to lose any of the novell network stuff

Attached Thumbnails

• cpu.jpg
  • Memory.jpg
  • Mainboard.jpg

cindyk

cindyk

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hrm, I don't use Novel Networking so I can't answer that I'm terribly sorry - but you may have too. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

But the first thing I'd do before anything else is free up some HD space. Were you getting messages before this happened that you were running out of Virtual Memory? I'd use CCleaner or just remove some things from that HD - (being aware that the files you move are still suspect as far as malware is concerned.)

lordgaz

lordgaz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hrm, I don't use Novel Networking so I can't answer that I'm terribly sorry - but you may have too. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

But the first thing I'd do before anything else is free up some HD space. Were you getting messages before this happened that you were running out of Virtual Memory? I'd use CCleaner or just remove some things from that HD - (being aware that the files you move are still suspect as far as malware is concerned.)

6GB is enough spare space on the HD - (as was 3GB) - I have also run CCleaner already - I did not get any VM messages
If I need to free up disk space for any reason, I can temporarily transfer some files to a network drive -

Here is an example of the change in language I am getting -

Attached Thumbnails

• example.jpg