Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero 7

• Please log in to reply

jessiadia

jessiadia

• Pip
  • 6 posts
How do I make Nero 7 work right? I recently bought a Lightscribe Cd/Dvd 22x writer. After installation of the actual drive itself, I put the Nero 7 Essentials disc into the drive and I have no idea what to do with it! It just takes me to the Nero website and shows different products I have to pay for to download. I already have Nero 7 why would I want to download something else? I just need to know how to make it work and the disc doesn't help. I put movies in and can't watch them because they're "encrypted" and I don't have a decryptor. Shouldn't that have come with the software? Also, would you know how to use the Lightscribe dvd label burner? I FINALLY downloaded and burned a dvd, but I don't know where to go to burn the label onto it.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you have Nero on the computer already, it may be an older version. Uninstall that first and then you can use Nero 7 from the CD.
As to DVDs - Nero is CD/DVD burning software, not DVD playing software. You should have another piece of software either on another disk for playing DVDs, typically PowerDVD or WinDVD or whatever for watching DVDs.

jessiadia

jessiadia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you, it took me a little bit of work (i'm completely computer illiterate) but I made it work. thanx.