Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

company of heroes:opposing front i need this dll file

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
i just bought coh:op and after i installed everything.i try to start the game but an error comes out "relicCOH.exe-bad image,xthread.dll is not a valid windows image!I restarted my com still got this error.Help me either by sending me ur xthread.dll or try to help me solve this problem

Advertisements

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Do a google search for it, and you'll get a bunch of places to download it from. Google is a powerful tool.

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Tried for hours still couldnt find it.Can u help me ask people who has played this game to send to me

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Well, I'd say either your copy has either already became corrupt or it was already corrupt when u downloaded it. the only time ive seen errors similar to this are when someone tries to attain a game for free by downloading it. If this is not the case then i would suggest calling THQ which I would have done first so they can walk you through a Fix. But since this has not been done i can only assume that you downloaded the game and the Patch didnt work. Which you can only aquire from a P2P application. So, may i remind you of the TOU you agreed to when you signed with GeeksToGo

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Since I've reviewed your recent posts and noticed that they all revolve around games that files are screwing up, I will report This Thread to the moderating staff and they will deal with it as they see fit

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Not true. .dll files are sometimes missing or fail to register on all types of software, whether bought or not so bought. That's why sites such as dllfiles.com exist. Unfortunately, in this case, it does seem to be for a pirated game. I wouldn't have helped in the first place had I known, but like I said, I've needed my share of .dll files in the past.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Where did you purchase the game?

If the game was acquired from a reputable source, installation problems should be addressed by the seller or maker of the game.

xthread.dll bad image errors are common in cracked downloads...so are all kinds of undesirable and potentially damaging viri, spyware, and other malware.

I'm closing this topic. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me by PM.