Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Case

• Please log in to reply

FiendInc

FiendInc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am Zach. I have an HP (ugh) computer, that is OK and has given me little problems. However, I installed a second hard drive, and the [bleep] thing doesn't have room in the case for the second HD! Right now I have it rigged so they are both sitting outside the case with a fan blowing over them. I am looking for a new case, but in my search I have encountered a problem. You see, the HP has memory card slots on the front, as well as USB ports and a firewire port. I am looking for a case (aesthetics don't matter to me as much as functionibility, but a flashy one will do) and a case that has a decent sized power supply, lots of fans (it is an AMD) and obviously the capability to store a second hard drive.
Now, a server case would be fine, but it MUST have the ability for the card reader. I am thinking of running a RAID setup sometime in the future. THanks for your guys' help!

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi Zach

I have good news & potentially bad news for you.
The good news is I have found something that fits your requirements. Its a 4 bay tower case with front USB & Firewire ports. It has a funky side window & is really cheap (if you live in England). See link below :

http://www.ebuyer.co...oduct_uid=56975

It has no card reader but you can buy ones that fit in one of the spare bays seperately. See link below :

http://www.ebuyer.co...&subcat_uid=400

Now the bad news possibly.
I don't know about your particular machine but a lot of these big brand systems, like HP & Dell etc, have a tendency to build their machines using slightly non-standard motherboards. This can affect any one or more things such as the form factor (ie whether it fits in a standard ATX case or not), the front panel buttons & connectors, the PSU and so on.

With any luck, you won't have a major problem but I thought I'd better warn you to check these things out first.