Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bsod 20 times a day or more

• Please log in to reply

dean12570

dean12570

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok her is what im getting

stop oxoooooo24 (0x001902fe,0xf79c4900,oxf9c45fc,ox8o4f4803)

i have run every driver scaner i can get my hands on and ive run avg nortion avast panda all say no virous or infection found

no new hardware i even reformated hard drive reinstalled xp and same is still happning any help would b most appreatd

some time it will run for houres and some time minets only real werd thing ive noced is all mi programs are not showing in add remove programs and the 1s that are it gives no way to un install them and some are dupclats like nortinon 5 times but i dont think there symtack files or programs at any case i cant del them any way ive tried i even tried to use sys mchanic to dil them and still could not i have attched a copy of hijack this log file

Edited by Rorschach112, 24 January 2009 - 06:07 AM.
removed log

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

According to the web, a stop oxoooooo24 error is related to the NFTS file system, (your hard drive). It sounds like you have actually gone through a re-format and re-load of the op system, but the problem sounds like your drive is starting to fail..(since the reload did not stop the error from occurring)

You may have to change your hard drive.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
There are a couple things you can try.

Verify the integrity of the drive by the manufacturers utilities (link in my signature).
Run chkdsk /f as follows:

This is what I found for 0X00000024.

Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

This message indicates that a problem occurred within the NTFS file-system driver. A similar Stop message, 0x23, exists for FAT32 drives. The most likely cause is a hardware failure in a disk or disk controller. Check all physical connections to all hard disks in the system, and run the Check Disk utility (Chkdsk.exe) using the instructions outlined below.

To check for errors on a local disk, follow these steps:
1. Open the My Computer window, right-click the icon belonging to the drive you want to check, and then choose Properties.
2. On the Tools tab, click the Check Now button.
3. In the Check Disk dialog box select the following options.
- Automatically Fix File System Errors
- Scan For And Attempt Recovery Of Bad Sectors
4. Click the Start button to begin the disk checking process. The green progress bar provides feedback as the error-checking tool goes through several phases.

If you selected the Automatically Fix File System Errors option on a drive that currently has open files, Windows is unable to run the utility immediately. In that case, you see a dialog box.

Click Yes to schedule the disk check to run the next time you start your computer. Now Reboot. The disk check occurs during the character-mode startup phase of Windows; during this period your computer is not available for you to perform any other tasks. When your computer restarts, Windows notifies you that it’s about to perform a scheduled disk check; by default, you have 10 seconds to cancel the operation and boot normally instead.

After the Check Disk utility completes its operation, it reports its results. If the disk check turns up no errors, you see a Disk Check Complete dialog box. If the Check Disk utility uncovers any errors, it writes a message to the Event log and displays a dialog box listing the errors it found and the repairs it made.

Caution
Although the Check Disk utility is a useful tool and sometimes a lifesaver, it can cause you headaches if used indiscriminately. Once started, the Check Disk operation cannot be stopped except by pressing your computer’s power switch. On very large drives (60 GB and larger), the full disk check can takes hours to complete.

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Sorry

If he already re-formatted and installed again, how will a CHKDSK /R do any better?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Because a reformat will sometimes not automatically repair bad sectors.
He also did not indicate whether he had any problems installing the OS.

dean12570

dean12570

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok as to did i have trouble re installing xp yes it took 3 times installing it to get it to run it kept saying failed to start dll eror the problem all started after running a few new games from reflictive arcade it starter chashing i asumed it was a virous so i ran all there is and then some on it to remove any threat after that it just got worse it may have even benn a bad install or may still b a virous will it is running mi programs will close with no warning and and as i stated i cant remove any program from add remove programs were is usly say or give the optin to remove all it hase now is the used how often thing and no tab to remove any program and my drivers are still acting funny
uni blue gives me 1 list driver genious give me anouter and now most inportantly every time i run norton or avg installed separtly when it gets to about 80 % scann it will crash every time AND 1S AGIN MOST THANKS TO ALL AND GOD BLESS

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It looks like you may have a problem with hard drive itself.
Run diagnostic: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287