Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RUNDLL error on the boot

• Please log in to reply

Madness

Madness

• Pip
  • 3 posts
First I like to say hi to all you guys and gals here in this forum, I'm new and I would like some help figuring out how to go about my issues on my pc.

symptoms
Every time I reboot my computer I get a RUNLL error that reads: C:\WINDOWS\system23\yiwuwopo.dll file not found
also I noticed a very large decrease in speed at times, followed by unwanted pop's using either browser (firefox, IE)

Fix's tired thus far
Ran Avast, Spy Subtract, Disk Cleanup, Defrag

I'm hoping there is a fix to this, I have backed up my HDD but would be a pain to reload everything, I'm finishing my last quarter of school at Webster U. and have a lot of school work on this HDD, plus I'm a second level Analyst for Boeing and I have a few programs I use from home to remote using RAM z-token with IPSec.

I would really appreciate any help at all

thanks

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Madness

Madness

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Rorschach112, I'll follow those steps

Madness

Madness

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
After following the steps posted and after a reboot, the problem no longer seems to exist.
My thanks to you RorSchach112 for your help, I will come out here daily and read these forums in the hopes that I can help others.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Glad that it fixed your problem :)

You will find a wealth of information on the forums that will be of great benefit to your PC