Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yellow Question Mark in Device Manager

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I just completed the formatting of my hard drive and installation of Windows XP. When I check under Device Manager, I find a yellow question mark under the category "Other Devices". When I click the plus sign to expand "Other Devices" the yellow question mark appears next to Multimedia Audio Controller.
I installed a Sound Blaster card on my computer after the reinstall of the OS and it is working appropriately. So what is this yellow question mark referring to and how do I get rid of it?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This can be the onboard sound card. Go into the BIOS and somewhere in there (typically "Integrated Peripherials" section or similar) you can turn it off.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

This can be the onboard sound card. Go into the BIOS and somewhere in there (typically "Integrated Peripherials" section or similar) you can turn it off.

That worked, thank you very much :)