Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Xp keeps restarting boot.ini failed

• Please log in to reply

pro888

pro888

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,
ive checked several posts on here but am having problems accessing the recovery console if I used the windows xp disk. if i go into repair mode i'll get a quick flash of the blue screen of death and it'll restart. I tried using rc.iso suggested on another post and I can access the console but i've found some files to be corrupt.

i have a shuttle xpc which i can't remember the specs exactly but it runs:

winxp pro
1 gb ram
duo core pentium 4 3.x
ati radeon x1800xl or something close to that

I haven't installed anything recently that would cause this.

I've tried the bootcfg /rebuild but it says theres some kind of corruption. I've followed instructions on http://icrontic.com/...ir_windows_xp/2 and can't get into the repair console as stated before using winxp reinstall cd. I've tried chkdsk and at 25% it'd come up with "the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems"
It'll keep restarting indefinitely if i can't fix it.

please help. thanks.

Edited by pro888, 24 January 2009 - 11:52 PM.

Advertisements