Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Local Area Connection "A network cable is unplugged"

• Please log in to reply

WM9

WM9

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop running XP. The problem is my Local Area Connection has a network cable unplugged, the other two connections work fine it says im connected to the Wireless Network Connection but i cant access the internet. However, when i plug an Ethernet cable into the router and laptop it connects to the internet.

Advertisements

amd64fx

amd64fx

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I would check network connections and see if the adapter is disabled. If its not try to unintall the device but make sure you have the driver for the nic. U can download from dell. If that doesnt work sounds like a bad ethernet. If laptop is under warranty call dell. Other option is buy a pcmcia card.

runny21

runny21

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Disable the network driver i.e lan driver and click on search option in device manager, it will show you the NIC card .. and enable it back. it will take the right driver( if not download the driver) and you can try connecting to internet.. remember if u have a static ip then you need to configure it in Tcp/IP options.