Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

touchpad issues on windows 7

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
The issue, When booting Microsoft Windows 7 on a cold boot the Touch pad on my Dell E1505 doesn't respond. I can login using the keyboard and everything works other wise. But if I reboot anywhere between 1-3 times it will start working.

It just bugs the heck out of me and would like to get it working on the first boot every time, instead of rebooting 1-3 times.

Specs

Dell E1505
1.83ghz
2 gigs DDR2 667 Ram
160 Gigs Sata HD
DVD-RW
Ati Radeon x1300 mobility

Windows 7 64bit with a unbootable Ubuntu partition (don't worry about this just need to reinstall the boot loader)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Does the same problem happen with a USB mouse plugged in?

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Also, if you are Beta testing Windows 7, have you sent a "Bug Report"?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Ah, Jacee... that's where I was potentially heading... :)

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
only happens on internal touchpad, and I am sending a bug report about it today.

edit:: bug report sent

Edited by amw_drizz, 26 January 2009 - 05:37 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah, it does sound a bit weird. Is there an updated touchpad driver you can install? You may find it on the Dell website.

It may or may not fix the problem. Either way, it's good to send the feedback to Microsoft - gives them something to do. :)

Troy